Although we’re halfway through February, there are still lingering sales from landmark events to take advantage of, including Valentine’s Day and Presidents Day. To help you revamp your winter wardrobe or replace an old mattress, we’ve rounded up the best sales and deals in February across fashion, home, tech and more. To learn more about what shopping in February will look like and how to take advantage of the best buys and deals this month, we consulted Julie Ramhold, a senior staff writer at DealNews.com.
What stores are having big sales right now
- Abercrombie & Fitch is offering up to 30 percent off select styles and up to 50 percent off clearance and kids
- AeroGarden is offering 40 percent off all gardens for a limited time, as well as 20 percent off sitewide with code GROWLOVE
- Anthropologie is giving you up to 40 percent off all tops and an extra 25 percent off sale items
- Belk is giving you up to 60 percent off jewelry with code OOHSHINY, up to 50 percent off Belk exclusives with code PREZSALE and an extra 15 percent off clearance with code CLEARANCE15
- Casper is offering 15 percent off mattresses and 10 percent off everything else with code PRES15 until Feb. 21
- Godiva is offering up to 30 percent off chocolate gifts
- J.Crew is offering up to 50 percent off dresses and skirts, up to 40 percent off men’s shirts and pants and an extra 40 percent off select sale styles
- Kate Spade is offering an extra 40 percent off sale styles with code BIGDEAL
- Kohl’s is offering an extra 20 percent off in store and online purchases with code WINTER20
- The Home Depot is offering savings on appliances, as well as up to 40 percent off select tools and bath items
- Lands’ End is offering up to 50 percent off sitewide with code CRISP
- Lenovo is giving you up to 68 percent off select PCs, electronics, ThinkPad laptops and desktops
- Lowe’s is offering up to 40 percent off select bath essentials
- Men’s Wearhouse is giving you up to 60 percent off outerwear and up to 70 percent off clearance
- Nordstrom is offering up to 70 percent off sale
- Nordstrom Rack is offering up to 70 percent off dresses and sunglasses, as well as up to 50 percent off jewelry, winter boots and home goods
- Phonesoap is offering 20 percent off with code CLEAN20
- The North Face is giving you up to 30 percent off graphic hoodies, tees and more
- Raymour & Flanigan is giving you 10 percent off orders under $2,500 and 20 percent off orders over $2,500
- Pennymoon is offering 25 percent off Pennymoon 2.0 with code PENNY25 and 25 percent off Flexagone Force with code FLEX25
- Saks Off 5th is offering an extra 25 percent off clearance with code EXTRA25
- Saucey is offering $5 off for new customers with code ILOVESAUCEY until Feb. 28
- SkinStore will offer up to 50 percent off sitewide plus up to an extra 10 percent off with code EXTRA from Feb. 17
- Target is giving you up to 40 percent off home items, 25 percent off indoor furniture, lighting and home decor
- Ulta is offering up to 50 percent off select items
- Under Armour will offer up to 50 percent off Outlet styles plus free shipping on orders worth $60+
- Urban Outfitters will offer 30 percent off dresses
- Williams-Sonoma is offering up to 75 percent off winter clearance
- Verishop will offer 20 percent off men’s and women’s full-priced items with code LUCKY21 from Feb. 21
Best deals to shop right now
1. Patagonia Women’s Macro Puff Jacket
Ramhold noted that lots of retailers are clearing out inventory to make way for spring styles, and Patagonia is no exception. This jacket is similar to the Micro Puff Hoody, which we included in our Patagonia brand guide, but offers more warmth. It’s lightweight and features a water-resistant shell with 100-percent recycled polyester, PlumaFill insulation. It also sports two external pockets, a chest zippered pocket and two internal pockets. Plus, it comes in three colors, including Black, Roamer Red and Steller Blue. You can also find it in a hoody version if you prefer.
2. Dr. Infrared Heater Portable Space Heater
As temperatures continue to drop across the country, a space heater could be a useful way to quickly warm up your home. Glenn Wiseman, sales manager of Top Hat Home Comfort Services, previously recommended this Dr. Infrared option. “The space heater is powered through a corded electric with 120 Volts, which can evenly heat an entire room.” It’s portable and energy-saving and features a dual heating system. It also includes a built-in thermostat that ranges from 50 to 85 degrees.
3. Kate Spade Louise Large Tote
At 11.6 inches high and 15.4 inches wide, this Kate Spade tote is large enough to hold a laptop, jacket, tablet and more. It comes with an outside zipper pocket, as well as inside slip pockets, zipper pocket and magnetic snap pocket. It’s made of saffiano leather, sports the Kate Spade Logo and comes in Black and Tutu Pink. If you’re looking for a smaller bag to take out to dinner, you might also enjoy the Daisy Hazel Crossbody.
4. gorjana Hadley Pendant Necklace
This gorjana necklace features a minimalist and vintage-inspired design that’s perfect for layering. It includes a delicate chain and hammered-finish pendant and comes shipped in a gift box. Plus, it comes in two colors, including silver and gold and you can find it in a gorjana Toggle option. If you’re like me and love complementing accessories, you may enjoy pairing it with the gorjana chain link bracelet.
5. REI Co-op Stratocloud Down Hoodie
This REI jacket is lightweight and sports water-resistant 600 fill-power down insulation. It is wind- and water-resistant and features a bluesign certified Pertex nylon shell. Additionally, it includes two zippered hand pockets, a chest pocket and drawcord at the hem to block out the cold air. You can find it in three colorways including Black, Cacao and Clematis Blue. And if you’re looking for an everyday coat without the extra features, you may prefer the 650 Down 2.0 Parka.
6. The North Face Half Dome Pullover Hoodie
This pullover by The North Face is machine-washable and made from a blend of cotton and polyester. It features a hoodie with drawstrings and a Kangaroo hand pocket. It also sports The North Face logo graphic across the chest. Plus, it comes in seven colors, including Mallard Blue, Summit Gold, Light Grey Heather and more.
7. Charles P. Rogers Estate 5000 Mattress
According to Consumer Reports, the Charles P. Rogers Estate 5000 mattress as a “top choice for back sleepers.” It’s adjusts to fit your body while you sleep at night and features the brand’s Powercore 2 spring unit and Gold-Certified Talay Latex. Additionally, it includes Oeko-Tex certified latex and is hypo-allergenic. You’ll also receive a 15-year warranty and 100-day trial.
8. Brooklyn Bedding Sedona Hybrid Luxury Mattress
This Brooklyn Bedding mattress features more than four layers of foam, with each layer focusing on a specific function. The top layers provide comfort and responsiveness to immediately adjust to support your body as you turn, as well as keep you cool while you sleep. The coil-filled, eight-inch base works to decrease movement between you and your partner while you sleep. Additionally, the mattress is delivered to your door and comes with a 10-year warranty.
9. Samsung 65-Inch Class Q90T QLED 4K UHD HDR Smart TV
Tech expert Whitson Gordon noted Samsung’s 85-Inch version of the Q90T in our guide to buying TVs. This Samsung TV features a 4K Quantum processor for a more immersive experience, object tracking sound and an adaptive picture feature to view in daylight or at night. It also features LED backlighting, an ultra viewing angle feature that provides reduced glare, enhanced color and more. If you’re looking for a TV to fit in smaller spaces, you may prefer this TCL 40-inch option.
Best Presidents Day mattress deals still going
Presidents Day may be over but there are still plenty of ongoing sales on mattresses and bedding from popular brands, including Avocado Green Mattress, Nest, Tempur-Pedic and more.
Best things to buy in February and what can wait
If you’re in the market for a new TV, Ramhold informed us that we’ll likely see deals on 65-inch TVs, including options going for $500 or less and some bundled with gift cards. Although she suggested buying prior to the Superbowl on Feb. 7 for the best deals, we’re still seeing some lingering discounts. Ramhold also said we should expect to see deals of 20 percent off or more on jewelry, 25 percent off chocolates and 70 percent off fake floral arrangements surrounding Valentine’s Day. Lastly, Ramhold noted that while we won’t see Black Friday-worthy deals on electronics, there should be modest discounts on tech that can’t wait surrounding Presidents Day. She also said we can expect to see significant sales, up to 75 percent off, on everything from furniture and mattresses to clothing, home goods and select large appliances.
Aside from these larger sale event categories, Ramhold also advised Shopping readers to keep an eye out for sales on winter clothing and gardening items like fertilizers or Aerogarden pods, as well as grilling accessories like thermometers and propane tanks.
What can wait
As for things that can wait, Ramhold advised postponing buying phones, especially Androids. She noted that it’s the beginning of the year and that new phone models will be coming out throughout the year, bringing discounts on older options. Likewise, she urged to hold off buying luggage until March and warned to wait on booking cruises, regardless of “wave season,” which usually takes place from January through March. “If you want to book a trip, you might be better off watching for a deal to plan a trip far in advance rather than hoping for a last-minute offer to become available now,” Ramhold said.
Finally, Ramhold cautioned readers to beware of doom shopping as a way to cope with the pandemic. She also suggested keeping an eye on the kinds of discounts being offered at your favorite stores since some retailers will be hosting more sales in a month.
“Be vigilant,” she advised. “If you see something on the low end, weigh your options and see if you can wait to see if the discount increases at all later in the month.”
Catch up on the latest from NBC News Shopping guides and recommendations and download the NBC News app for full coverage of the coronavirus outbreak.
Kala Herh, Shop TODAY contributed.